Where to see the list of merges/uploads that need review?

Michael Bienia michael at bienia.de
Thu Jan 28 22:46:48 GMT 2010

On 2010-01-28 17:17:06 -0500, Elliot Murphy wrote:
Hello,

> I'm feeling worried and mildly demotivated that my merge proposal has
> been sitting here for 10 days:
> https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~statik/ubuntu/lucid/protobuf/merge-bug502654/+merge/17571

I can feel with you.

> I asked about this the other day in #ubuntu-devel, and ScottK
> mentioned that it's normal to have delays at this stage in the cycle,
> so I waited a bit longer.

I'm also currently waiting on two merges getting sponsored (currently 6
days and 3 days old). My last merge got sponsored after 10 days. But
I've also had merges that were sponsored pretty fast. Probably depends
on who looks on the queue and if they need the merged package themself to
move on.

> Is there anything similar for ubuntu distributed development merges, a
> particular queue to look at to see what is pending?

I know of
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/+activereviews
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-main-sponsors/+activereviews
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-universe-sponsors/+activereviews

> Before starting to use ubuntu-distributed-development, I would have
> filed a bug, attached some sort of debdiff, and subscribed the
> appropriate -sponsors team, but I thought merge proposals were the hot
> new way to do things. The first time, I tried to find someone directly
> to review my merge and that worked ok - my first udd merge was for
> erlang, and I saw pitti had touched it last so I just asked him
> directly, and he uploaded right away. But that doesn't seem scalable
> or efficient compared to having a pool of things that need reviewing.

Until all get used to the new bzr merges, I still file bugs for my merge
proposals to be on the safe side. As
http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/sponsoring/index.html lists only bugs
awaiting sponsoring, a merge proposal without a matching bug might get
lost.

> Any advice for me?

No real advice, just wait. I try to avoid looking for sponsors as I
don't want to pester the other devs too much.

Michael