hottest100 (was Re: Bazaar focus for 2.1 and 2.2)

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Tue Jan 26 10:31:21 GMT 2010

We're hacking a bit more on this script (in
http://code.launchpad.net/~canonical-bazaar/udd/hottest100) to make it
do things including

* check both the package and upstream branch for freshness and existence
* cross check the package branch against Madison
* understand some of the branches that are special cases of various
kinds (metapackages, obsolete packages etc)
* more...

and in passing we're fixing some misregistration.  At the moment the
biggest problem we can't fix is that some Launchpad projects have
branches but no development focus (ie default branch) and we don't
have permission to change it.  But we are collating that data and
presumably can ask a registry admin to change them.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>