Feedback on merging via bzr

Barry Warsaw barry at canonical.com
Mon Jan 18 19:29:13 GMT 2010

On Jan 17, 2010, at 10:45 PM, Scott Kitterman wrote:

>I spent some time over the holidays giving merging via bzr and the UDD tools.
>I understand that development of the tools to support this is still a work in
>progress and the much of this feedback probably represents work that you
>already know needs doing.  This mail is based on notes I took recently while
>doing a merge of regina-normal.  As merges go, it was not a complex one.

Oh, also, there are some interesting steps you took that I did not notice were
documented on the wiki page.  Maybe you can take a pass through them and
update them with some of the things you learned (e.g. bzr mark-uploaded,
diffing the Ubuntu and Debian sources).

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DistributedDevelopment/Documentation

-Barry