hottest100 (was Re: Bazaar focus for 2.1 and 2.2)

Jonathan Lange jml at canonical.com
Wed Jan 6 00:38:53 GMT 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 3:41 AM, James Westby <jw+debian at jameswestby.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 10:32:08 -0600, John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
>> So... how do we do that? Who gets assigned that task? I certainly don't
>> feel like I have any ability to make that change.
>
> I think it's normally the job of the LP CHR. I was hoping one of the LP
> people on the list would help with that.

To be able to edit & update code imports, you need to be a member of
the ~vcs-imports team. The team already has quite a broad membership,
and we are in principle happy with expanding it.

>> I'll also note that all of the "move these branches to ~vcs-imports"
>> links are 'broken', so I assume they have already been done.
>
> Yep, Tom did those for us.

FWIW, to move a branch to be owned by a team, you need to:
  a) already have write access to the branch
  b) be a member of the team you're moving it into

Everyone on this page can do that for any branch:
  https://edge.launchpad.net/~bazaar-experts/+mugshots

>> However, I can see stuff like:
>> https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~vcs-imports/wine/git-trunk
>>
>> is listed, but
>> https://edge.launchpad.net/wine
>>
>> has a 'trunk series' here:
>> https://edge.launchpad.net/wine/trunk
>>
>> But has not associated branch.
>>
>> So the associating development focus does not seem to have been done.
>> Again, I don't think I have access to actually change any of this stuff.
>> (And obviously neither do you, or you probably would have done it. :)
>
> Exactly. It will generally need someone in Registry Admin to do it for
> us.

In general, it's the project "Maintainer" (and maybe the "Driver") who
can do that. You can find out who this is by looking at the project
overview page.

Curtis, is this correct? Do you have any ideas as to how we can safely
open this up?

jml