Things to graph for package-of-the-day work

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Sat Nov 21 15:44:07 GMT 2009

On Mon Nov 16 00:00:21 -0600 2009 Jonathan Lange wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 12:02 AM, Jonathan Lange <jml at canonical.com> wrote:
> > - Number of these packages with upstream links
>
> lucid: 16
> karmic: 340

Should initialize-from-parent copy the links too? Perhaps only when there
is no project series associated (as I understand is planned)?

> > - Number of packages that have upstream links that have trunk branches
> karmic: 230

That's no so bad, but may make an interesting set to try and drive to 100.
Someone has taken the time to help with the links, and my guess would be
they would be good candidates for creating daily builds too.

> The massive disparity between the number of packages and the number of
> packages with links makes me think we need to:
>
>  a) rethink the details of this particular goal (look under the
> streetlight, so to speak)
>  b) rethink the way we're gathering data
>  c) make package / product linking way better.

Yes, yes, yes.

Thanks,

James