Bazaar Sprint report: Day one

Francis J. Lacoste francis.lacoste at canonical.com
Thu Nov 12 04:38:55 GMT 2009

On November 11, 2009, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm reporting from the Bazaar sprint in Mooloolaba, with a focus on
> ubuntu distributed development.

> Martin Pool asked me to report on the discussion we had on day one of
> our sprint.  So far, there have been no final decisions, but there has
> been a lot of clarification.

Thank you very much for this detailed report!

[...]

> Ian Clatworthy spoke about how it was too hard to find PPAs, and how we
> need visibility into the things we care about.

Rick Spencer talked to me about this today. There will be a discussion at UDS
around the software centre. Many things fall under this project, but one of
the most important things from his point of view is to allow developers to set
metadata on the "application" packages in their PPAs so that they can appear
in the software centre.

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste at canonical.com