your thoughts wanted on bzr team UDD focus

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Dec 3 04:01:01 GMT 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 11:29 -0500, James Westby wrote:

> http://people.canonical.com/~jamesw/merge_changelog
>
> is one, there are other versions around.
>
> Note that with the merge-package command we don't need the hooks to
> be able to do this (though it would be nice to have anyway). I don't
> see anything on this list that would move us towards being able
> to drop merge-package.

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/udd/+bug/491711 is a bug I've filed
about merging specific files better; please provide feedback about
whether you think it might work for you.

I've marked it high, because things that make bzr-builddeb etc easier
and simpler will help in maintenance of that code and its
understandability.

What do you need to be able to drop merge-package?

-Rob