Call for help with Ubuntu Server.

Rick Clark rick.clark at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 13 11:26:54 BST 2007

As I am sure everyone on this list knows.  Ubuntu has a long way to go
in improving directory services clients and servers.  I would like to
get started, but I will need help from the community, to do so.

I would like to try to get basic ldap authentication, into Gutsy.  I
think this should be easy to do, and will help develop the groundwork
and community needed fro gutsy+1, when hopefully, openldap2.4 or FDS
packages will be ready.

Please take a look at the following spec.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LDAPAuthentication

If anyone is willing to help, please send me a quick email.  Be sure to
list how you can help.  i.e. packaging, scripting, testing, ...

Cheers,

Rick Clark
Technical Lead, Ubuntu Server Team
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/dendrobates