+1 Maintenance Report

Miriam Espana Acebal miriam.espana at canonical.com
Mon Jun 17 08:29:57 UTC 2024

(Sorry, I sent incomplete)

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delay...  I was waiting for the resolution
(reviews/acceptance) of some of the tasks I did
(learning also .
As Athos commented, I shadowed him on the last days of his shift rotation
(thanks, Athos! It was a pleasure).

These are the fixes I made:

* python-chemspipy: A FTBFS: when tests were running, six module wasn't
found
 (provided by python3-six package, not listed as (b)dependency in
d/control). But the
 package was a sync from Debian and there it was built OK [1]. Going
deeper, python3-six
 was a implicit dependency of python3-request via its direct dependency
python3-urllib3.
 We have a different version that the one used in sid/trixie:
     Ubuntu: 2.0.7-1 [2], synced from experimental
     Debian (sid/trixie): 1.26.18-2 [3]
  six module was embedded into python3-urllib3 until this last version (see
changelog entry).

* geophar: FTBFS. simpy is embedded in upstream source code, but that is
not the case in Debian
  (so the same is true for Ubuntu). Since the last version we updated,
there have been new tests covering
  the existence of these embedded simpy files: that test doesn't make sense
in Debian, nor in Ubuntu.
  I adapted the check to avoid this test.  Also, assertEquals is deprecated
[4], so I changed it by refreshing
  the existing correspondent patch. I created an MR in salsa for this [5].
I didn't forward it to upstream, because
  in the Debian tracker, the patches are marked as "need to be submitted to
upstream" and I left it to the maintainer
  as the original author of the patch.

* python-phpserialize: FTBFS: since python3.12, the assert_ method no
longer exists [6]. We could see a deprecation
  warning for this in previous builds, like this one for Focal [7]:
       test_object_hook (tests.PhpSerializeTestCase) ...
/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/tests.py:92: DeprecationWarning: Please use assertTrue
instead.
         self.assert_(b'WP_User' in x)
  In Debian, they still use Python3.11 (so they have the warning, not the
error like us) [8]. I forwarded the patch I did to Debian [9],
  but in the meantime, I was changing assertTrue by assertIn as pointed out
by Benjamin Drung, and Sergio Durigan was faster :). So,
  it's synced to Oracular already.

* python-awkward: I spent sometime with this, but finally Athos made it.

I want to thank Athos and Paride for the sponsorship and Benjamin Drung and
Daniel Drapper for their reviews too.

Now, yes, the report is complete (I blame the keyboard shortcut that
triggered the send). Thanks everyone for reading!

[1]
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=python-chemspipy&arch=all&ver=2.0.0-2&stamp=1704269160&raw=0
[2] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-urllib3/2.0.7-1
[3] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/python-urllib3