+1 Maintenance Report

Mitchell Dzurick mitchell.dzurick at canonical.com
Mon Aug 5 17:20:04 UTC 2024

Apologies for sending this +1 report out late, I made sure to pass on some
notes to Miriam to help out with her +1 rotation.

During my +1 shift, I encountered a huge number of arm64/armhf testbed
failures, and a lot of time was spent re-running tests and trying to
determine what was due to testbed issues, or actual regressions.

I got well familiar with ubuntu-archive-tools, thanks for helping me out
with that Brian. I was going through the excuses page and clicking the
links for a bit until I learnt about this. Thank gosh for
retry-autopkgtest-regressions from ubuntu-archive-tools, because I ended up
retriggering 3,050 autopkgtest tests during my rotation.

I also learnt of the relatively new page
https://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/user/mitchdz/ which shows all your
autopkgtest triggers, which was super helpful during my rotation.

Listed is a few of the packages I worked on:
* multipath-tools: I merged the latest debian version.

* lvm2: I helped migration by updating multipath-tools to allow newer
dmsetup version.
* pydantic: noticed a lot of new dependencies not in main - contacted the
openstack team to raise awareness.
* python3: reran many regressions due to testbed failures.
* nftables: looked into s390x failure, it seems to be causing some issues
on our end. I opened a bug on it and update-excuses with my findings so far.
* optee-os: fixed LDFLAGS due our dpkg changes.
* dxvk: new package uses libwine-development, which we removed from our
archives. I made a report in debian to use the shared object from the wine
package instead, since that one is newer and currently supported.

Thanks for your help during my +1 rotation everyone!

-Mitch