git-ubuntu MP workflows in Launchpad

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 29 19:13:01 UTC 2023

Hey Bryce,

Le 29/06/2023 à 20:12, Bryce Harrington a écrit :
> I do love automation, however I think we shouldn't rule out letting this
> be somewhat manual.  I.e. we already tell non-git-ubuntu sponsorees to
> manually sub ubuntu-sponsors:
>
>    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Contributing
>    "Set the bug to Status "Confirmed". Assign to "Nobody". Subscribe the
>    ubuntu-sponsors team to add your bug to the Sponsorship Queue."
>
> So we could just have the docs direct them to add both ~ubuntu-sponsors
> *and*  ~ubuntu-sponsors-reporter, and it wouldn't be inconsistent with
> established procedures.

The fact that it matches the existing situation doesn't make it the
right outcome though...

In practice we often have bugs where the contributor did what was asked
to address the reviewers feedback but forgot to subscribe back the
sponsors. With the current workflow we have very little visibility on
those cases and they often end up lost in the launchpad noise.
It would be nice if we had a way to at least query for those bugs so we
could review recent activity and see if there are cases were sponsors
should be subscribed back and hadn't...

Cheers,
Sébastien