NBS kernel removals: round two

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 14 21:50:57 UTC 2023

On Tue, Jun 13, 2023 at 09:45:56PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 01, 2023 at 12:55:36PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Consequently, I will be removing all kernel packages older than linux
> > 3.13.0-170.220 from trusty-{updates,security} next week.
>
> > I will leave xenial as-is for the moment, and send further mail before
> > making any changes to NBS packages there.
>
> Update: this has been done now.
>
> No reports have reached me of any users adversely affected by the removals
> of these old kernel binaries from trusty.

Entertainingly, while this may not have affected end users, from
circumstantial evidence we think this did manage to tickle a Launchpad
bug which has existed since May 2016:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/2023698

Good to have the excuse to investigate that, since it's probably bitten
us occasionally in the past without quite causing enough problems to
make it worth tracking down!

--
Colin Watson (he/him)                              [cjwatson at ubuntu.com]