+1 maintenance report

Athos Ribeiro athos.ribeiro at canonical.com
Mon Jan 16 20:26:03 UTC 2023

Hi,

I performed my first +1 maintainance shift last week as part of the server team
rotation.

Before starting the shift, I used the new find-proposed-cluster script
available in the ubuntu-archive-tools repository to find where our wokr would
be most helpful.

The script will print the 5 largest clusters that needs work. I decided to work
through them on a bottom-up approach (the first one was python3-defaults). This
way, I would avoid duplicating work with any other teams working on the python
transition. Later, vorlon mentioned in the #ubuntu-relese channel that it would
be better if we all focused on unblocking the python transition due to the size
of that cluster. I then started focusing on those packages.

python3-defaults transition
===========================

I re-triggered several tests with arch related failures. In special, there were
lots of those which failed in s390x that were related to the autopkgtest
infrastructure itself (the tests did not start properly).

Lots of these re-triggers were successful, but then I realized I was
duplicating some of vorlon's re-triggers and vice-versa.

This includes, but is not limited to
unattended-upgrades, ruby-stackprof, python-qtconsole, python-parametrized,
python-mechanicalsoup, pyliblo, mutagen, fatrace, conda-package-handling,
cachelib, cluster4, python-aiortc, fiat, q2-diversity-lib, and,
python-bioblend.

Other python related (successful) retriggers, not directly related to
python3-defaults include: python-django-postgres-extra, python-weblogo,
python-limits, supysonic, python-cheroot, python-ruffus, python-fluids,
dbus-fast, mutter, and, python-anyqt.

When I realized the amount of duplication being generated, I switched focus to
specific failures that would need further changes:

inspect.getargspec has been removed in python3.11. Some packages need to be
adapted to support python 3.11. A possible alternative is to use getfullargspec
instead.

foolscap
--------

Added a delta to replace getargspec calls with getfullargspec calls. The
patch was forwarded upstream but forwarding it to Debian would also be
nice.

booth
-----

This package is blocked due to the getargpec issue mentioned above being
present in crmsh. While I pinged Lucas (current person assigned to this
merge) regarding this one, Simon went ahead and filed an MP with the
merge (thanks Simon).

python-glyphsets
----------------

I added a delta here to require an implicit dependency which was leading to
FTBFS and forwarded a fix to the upstream project. Forwarding it to Debian
would also be nice.

fastapi
-------

The test suite here hasn't been passing for a while now. I ran the migration
reference for this one (which failed). It would be nice to verify and fix this
suite at some point.

--
Athos Ribeiro