new seeds feature: alternatives in germinate 2.4.2

Michael Hudson-Doyle michael.hudson at canonical.com
Thu Aug 31 21:27:10 UTC 2023

On Fri, 1 Sept 2023 at 04:23, Julian Andres Klode <
julian.klode at canonical.com> wrote:

> This means that only the first package ends up getting a Task
> field, and hence installation during image build - which uses
> the task feature of apt (apt install task-name^)

This isn't how image builds install tasks, for better or worse.

In lucid and earlier, the Task header is used but it's matched by hand
rather than using the ^ syntax -- I'm not sure why though, it may be
something to do with not wanting to install the packages that have the task
header but are from a foreign architecture.

In mantic though, livecd-rootfs uses the package lists produced by
germinate directly.

Given these package lists are what drive the Task header in the archive, I
expect it doesn't make any difference though.

Cheers,
mwh

is still as