+1 Maintenance Report

Graham Inggs ginggs at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 17 10:43:59 UTC 2023

I was on +1 maintenance for the week of April 10-14.  Below are the
things I worked on.

cataclysm-dda / eztrace / libretro-bsnes-mercury
These packages FTBFS everywhere except armhf and risc64, which are the
architectures where LTO is not enabled by default.  I added these
packages to lto-disabled-list and uploaded to a PPA then tested
no-change rebuilds.  This fixed the builds of cataclysm-dda and
libretro-bsnes-mercury, but eztrace still FTBFS although with a
different failure.

Further investigation of cataclysm-dda showed that upstream had
reverted the fix for LTO in the version we had in proposed  (0.F-3-9),
but enabled it again in the version in Debian unstable (0.G-2).  I
sync'd cataclsym-dda 0.G-2 from Debian unstable.

I uploaded lto-disabled-list 39 with libretro-bsnes-mercury added.
This allowed libretro-bsnes-mercury 094+git20220807-6 to build on the
remaining architectures, but it could not migrate due to missing
kodi-* binary packages on armhf.  This was due to invalid architecture
wildcards any-armel and any-armhf.  I uploaded libretro-bsnes-mercury
094+git20220807-6ubuntu1 fixing that.

python-zipstream-ng / django-sass-processor
I found that new pybuild-autopkgtest tests are not running on our
armhf autopkgtest infrastructure
and falling back to autodep8-python3 tests there instead.  For
python-zipstream-ng and django-sass-processor, the autodep8-python3
tests were failing because the Python modules names did not match the
package names.  I reported this to the QA team and added migration
hints for python-zipstream-ng and django-sass-processor.

diffoscope / black
==================
Black and diffoscope were deadlocked, and diffoscope was failing a new
test of its own on armhf only.  I was unable to reproduce the armhf
failure locally, so uploaded diffoscope 240ubuntu1
marking the new test xfail on armhf only.  I also added diffoscope to
big_packages on ppc64el as it was failing for some time due to OOM.

tmuxp
=====
A new autopkgtest was failing due to the default Ubuntu login message:
 To run a command as administrator (user "root"), use "sudo <command>".
 See "man sudo_root" for details.
I uploaded tmuxp 1.27.0-1ubuntu1 suppressing these messages, allowing
the autopkgtests to pass.

btlib / nthash
I uploaded btllib 1.4.10+dfsg-1ubuntu2 with a patch from Vladimir
fixing the build on 32-bit architectures.  I uploaded nthash
2.3.0+dfsg-1ubuntu1 linking with -latomic on risc64 to fix the build.

bowtie2
=======
Since 2.5.0-2, bowtie2 no longer builds on s390x.  I requested removal
of bowtie2's binaries on s390x.