OpenLDAP 2.6 transition

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 21 23:41:23 UTC 2022

Hi Sergio,

On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 06:32:39PM -0500, Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:
> Hello,

> This is a heads up that the OpenLDAP 2.6 transition has started.  I have
> just uploaded the package to lunar-proposed and will be performing
> no-change uploads to its reverse dependencies soon.

> The list of packages that are going to be affected by this transition
> can be obtained by running:

>   $ reverse-depends -r lunar src:openldap

> I did a mass-rebuild of said packages in a bileto PPA and everything
> looks good (aside from some unrelated FTBFSes).

I would ask you to hold off right now on doing no-change rebuilds of any
packages currently in -proposed.  There are in-progress language transitions
for perl, python, and R, and rebuilding all the openldap language bindings
right now will entangle all of those transitions and likely make it harder
to get them migrated.

Hopefully, the autopkgtest backlogs on arm64 and s390x will clear this week
and then we'll have a better view on what it takes to finish the above
in-progress transitions, and then rebuild anything still linking against
libldap-2.5-0.

Thanks,
Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/