Ubuntu Studio: We're out of space

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 24 23:26:13 UTC 2022

On Thu, Mar 24, 2022 at 07:37:17AM -0700, Erich Eickmeyer wrote:

> > If Ubuntu Studio decide they don't care about the image fitting on a
> > DVD, we can simply raise the size limit.  But in that case, I don't
> > think we should call the image build itself a 'dvd' any more; and I also
> > think that in short order (but not necessarily for 22.04) we should stop
> > building this as a hybrid image since it's no longer practical to use it
> > on optical media.  If it's going to only be usable on a USB stick, then
> > let's fix how we build it and avoid all the indirection that exists ONLY
> > so that it can be used on optical media.

> We have discussed going with the USB stick route. However, what spurred this
> is because not only the OVERSIZED warning, but also because the images are
> merely copies of the 20220322 image and are not updating upon build. I thought
> this was due to the oversize warning. Either way, this is very concerning as
> we can't correctly test the builds due to a resolved bug involving automount
> conflicting with Calamares.

Ok.  Brian Murray has addressed the source of this problem; the new images
were building successfully and being published, but incorrectly being
published as .img instead of .iso with the .iso being copied forward from
the previous directory.

I have removed the wrongly-named '.img' files.  The next daily build will
produce .iso files again.

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/