Nominations: Developer Membership Board

Dan Streetman ddstreet at ieee.org
Fri Mar 18 00:18:34 UTC 2022

On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 7:57 PM Seth Arnold <seth.arnold at canonical.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 12:09:27PM -0700, Brian Murray wrote: > On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 02:54:02PM -0400, Dan Streetman wrote:
> > Haven't there problems with reaching the number of votes necessary for a
> > quorum in the past? I'd rather see the team reduce in size[1] so that its
> > easier for applications to be approved.
>
> An alternative is changing quorum rules to eg "at least three voters"
> and then even if N of the M team members are missing, it's much less
> disruptive to the prospective new developers.

For those who may not have seen it, I wrote a draft charter for the
backports team:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBackports/Charter

I really think the DMB needs something like this, especially 1)
control of its own membership and 2) a SINGLE Administrator to resolve
policy interpretation disputes. Normal DMB members should be able to
focus ONLY on the actual mission of the DMB, not on administrative
stuff (unless they actually WANT to focus on admin work).