systemd-oomd issues on desktop

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 10 10:17:28 UTC 2022

Le 10/06/2022 à 11:40, Julian Andres Klode a écrit :
> The bug reports we see show that systemd-oomd is working correctly:
> The browser gets killed, the system remains responsive without having
> become unresponsive as would be the usual case.

It might be working 'correctly' but is not perceived as such by users.
I've seen regular complains from users since the release stating that
their browser or code editor got closed in front on them without
warning, on a machine they had been using for years with the same
configuration and software without issue.

They might be getting short in resources but in practice they never
experienced a sluggish system due to it and just see the feature as buggy.

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher