+1 Maintenance Report

William Wilson william.wilson at canonical.com
Fri Jul 1 18:40:53 UTC 2022

Steve,

Thank you for your work on this. I apologize for the lack of detail in my
earlier email. In order to get g-g-j-pgtype to build in my PPA with
g-g-j-pgx version 3.x, I had to change a line in d/control. I changed the
dependency "golang-github-jackc-pgx-v4-dev" to
"golang-github-jackc-pgx-dev" which is the name of the binary package from
version 3.x. It then built successfully in a PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~jawn-smith/+archive/ubuntu/devel-proposed/+packages

So I may have misunderstood Bryce's instructions. I was under the
impression I could:

   1. Build the modified pgtype package with the dependency change (and
   some version number like 1.10.0-0ubuntu1)
   2. Build the pgx package now that the pgtype package is no longer in NEW
   3. Re-sync the pgtype package from Debian and have it build with the now
   available pgx-v4 package

Is this not correct? If this is correct can you please delete the pgtype
package again so I can upload the modified version?

William