First Jammy Jellyfish test rebuild

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Thu Jan 13 13:22:52 UTC 2022

On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 12:58 PM Graham Inggs <ginggs at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> The first test rebuild of Jammy Jellyfish was started on December 17
> 2021 for all architectures, all components. The rebuild is finished
> for all architectures for the main component and still running for
> universe and multiverse on arm64, armhf and riscv64.
>
> Thanks to everybody keeping the buildds going during the end-of-year break.
>
> Results (please also look at the superseded builds) can be found at
> https://people.canonical.com/~ginggs/ftbfs-report/test-rebuild-20211217-jammy-jammy.html
>
> Additional build failures for packages in jammy-proposed (not yet in
> jammy) can be found at http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/ftbfs/
>
> Please help with fixing the build failures.
>
> Another test rebuild using a glibc snapshot from December 2021 can be found at
> https://people.canonical.com/~ginggs/ftbfs-report/test-rebuild-20211217-jammy-glibc-jammy.html
> Still running for universe and multiverse on arm64, armhf and riscv64.
> The glibc snapshot can be found in
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-toolchain-r/+archive/ubuntu/glibc
>
> Yet another test rebuild using GCC 12 can be found at
> https://people.canonical.com/~ginggs/ftbfs-report/test-rebuild-20211217-jammy-gcc12-jammy.html
> Still running for universe and multiverse on arm64, armhf and riscv64.
> This is in preparation for GCC 12 for the 22.10 release.  GCC test
> packages can be found in
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-toolchain-r/+archive/ubuntu/test

Hi Graham,
thanks for that work!
I've found two details I wanted to ask about ...

1. cross toolchains seem to have failed due to the dependencies in
that test environment
Example: https://launchpadlibrarian.net/579467210/buildlog_ubuntu-jammy-amd64.qemu_1%3A6.0+dfsg-2expubuntu4_BUILDING.txt.gz
That is nothing we need to be concerend right, only if we see actual
e.g. compiler issues right?

2. Some logs have broken hrefs, in the code it is like '<a
href="">Log</a>' and browsers render that as a link back to itself.
Example: php8.0 risc64 with gcc12
$ wget -q https://people.canonical.com/~ginggs/ftbfs-report/test-rebuild-20211217-jammy-gcc12-jammy.html
-O - | grep -c '<a href="">Log</a>'
92
$ wget -q https://people.canonical.com/~ginggs/ftbfs-report/test-rebuild-20211217-jammy-glibc-jammy.html
-O - | grep -c '<a href="">Log</a>'
77
$ wget -q https://people.canonical.com/~ginggs/ftbfs-report/test-rebuild-20211217-jammy-jammy.html
-O - | grep -c '<a href="">Log</a>'
49

The links to the builds are ok, and it seems they generated no log at
all, example
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archive/test-rebuild-20211217-jammy-gcc12/+build/22817139

Maybe a fix to the script regenerating that might help to avoid confusion?

> Happy New Year and bug fixing!
> Graham

Christian Ehrhardt
Staff Engineer, Ubuntu Server