Call for testing: 22.04.1 release candidate images ready!

Dimitri John Ledkov dimitri.ledkov at canonical.com
Tue Aug 9 16:41:53 UTC 2022

On Tue, 9 Aug 2022 at 16:48, Benjamin Drung <bdrung at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2022-08-09 at 14:53 +0200, Lukasz Zemczak wrote:
> > Hello everyone!
> >
> > As you know, we had to delay 22.04.1 by a week to get an additional
> > fix in. This has now happened and new release candidate images are
> > building as we speak. Please start testing as soon as the new images
> > for your favorite flavors appear on the tracker:
> >
> > http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/437/builds
> >
> > The ones with "(re-building)" in the name are still building, but many
> > have already finished.
> >
> > Let's give those as much testing as possible and, hopefully, we'll
> > have a swift release on Thursday.
>
> I tried Ubuntu Desktop amd64 in a VM [1] and ran into following problem:
> After clicking the Restart now button, the screen went black with a non-
> blinking cursor in the top left. I verified that this is the identical
> behaviour compared to the initial ubuntu-22.04-desktop-amd64.iso.
>
> Which component should I file this problem against? How are non-
> regressions handled in the ISO tracker?

did you try using alt + left/right arrow to cycle between tty's to get
to the screen which tells you to "remove installation media, and press
enter"? and once there, did you press enter and it rebooted?

We have a long standing issue where VMs do not switch to the expected
TTY even when asked to.
--
okurrr,

Dimitri