+1 Maintenance Report

William Wilson william.wilson at canonical.com
Mon Aug 8 02:23:54 UTC 2022

This week I was on +1 maintenance and I decided to work on the large amount
of NBS packages [1] caused by the ffmpeg 5 transition.

xmms2: This was being affected by the "successful builds but Launchpad
still says the build failed" issue. After enough retries I got it migrated.

telegram-desktop: I believe this is being affected by Launchpad build
flakiness as well. I have retried the build a few times and I always get a
different error message. It builds fine for me in a local sbuild.

octave-video: I updated the code to work with the ffmpeg5 libraries and
forwarded the fix to Debian.

unpaper: I worked on packaging new upstream version 7, but then realized it
was already uploaded to Debian but had been stuck in the delayed queue.
Dbungert had mentioned this in his +1 maintenance report but I didn't make
the connection when looking at the NBS report. This has now successfully
synced to Ubuntu.

olive-editor: There is a new upstream version that is compatible with
ffmpeg 5. In order to package this new upstream version, a new version of
opencolorio must also be packaged. I have done this, uploaded it to Ubuntu,
and forwarded to Debian. I also needed to resolve the FTBFS issues for the
versions of opencv and openimageio in -proposed to get olive-editor
building. I have gotten opencv to build, and will upload openimageio after
opencolorio has finished building so it will build against the new
opencolorio v2. I have packaged the new version of olive-editor in a PPA
[2], but there is still a linker error preventing it from building. If the
next person on +1 maintenance would like to look at this I can sponsor,
otherwise I will try to find some time to look at it.

A community member also requested that I look into hugo not migrating. This
just required a sync of golang-github-aws-aws-sdk-go from Debian.

Thank you,

William
[1]: https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/nbs.html
[2]: