+1 maintenance report

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 5 10:36:20 UTC 2022

On Mon, Apr 04, 2022 at 10:35:36PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> I unfortunately do not have a good place to publish it at the moment so that
> it's more visible to developers.  Suggestions welcome.

On the server team, as an experiment we started a git repository to
share this kind of "I wrote a script". There's no expectation that
scripts published there are polished, and deliberately there's no code
review requirement to make changes. The idea is that it's a low friction
place to share what ad-hoc tools we have quickly knocked up. Think of it
like an incubator for scripts - if something grows to the point where it
would best belong somewhere more specific, it could "graduate" there.

The repository is here:
https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-server/+git/ubuntu-helpers

Would it be useful to make this wider now and bring it to Ubuntu
developers generally? Right now the ACL is ~canonical-server and
~ubuntu-server-dev. We could for example add ~canonical (or maybe
~canonical-tech?) and ~ubuntu-dev, and maybe move it into a more
suitable team.