+1 maintenance report
Sergio Durigan Junior
sergiodj at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 3 21:31:04 UTC 2021
This week has been my +1 maintenance shift. I had some interruptions
here and there during the week, but here's what I did:
I didn't do many retriggers over the week; I preferred to focus on
investigating and solving bugs. Here are the successful retriggers I
did (there are a few unsuccessful ones that I'm not listing here).
Package: cluster-glue [amd64]
Package: cluster-glue [impish/s390x]
Package: fence-agents [impish/armhf]
Package: ruby-libxml [impish/amd64]
Package: ruby-libxml [impish/arm64]
Package: ruby-libxml [impish/armhf]
Package: ruby-libxml [impish/ppc64el]
Package: ruby-libxml [impish/s390x]
Triggers: ruby-libxml/3.2.0-1ubuntu1 libxml2/2.9.12+dfsg-2
Package: kopanocore [impish/amd64]
Package: wcc [impish/amd64]
Package: libreoffice [impish/amd64]
Package: kopanocore [impish/armhf]
A bunch of failures due to some libxml2 upstream changes. I fixed them
all and also forwarded whatever was necessary to upstream.
this is the oldest blocked package on update_excuses. I found the
problem and submitted an MP for the Ubuntu package as well as a PR for
upstream, but we decided to wait to hear what upstream thinks about the
proposal before going ahead and uploading. I will wait until next week,
and if there's no feedback from upstream I will revive the MP.
Problem with GCC-11/GFortran. Uploaded fix to Ubuntu and also forwarded
the patch to the Debian package.
** docker.io & glibc
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/docker.io/+bug/1942276 & https://github.com/tianon/debian-docker/pull/12
This one was interesting. I was able to reproduce the issue locally,
and after some investigation it became clear that the issue was not on
docker.io itself. Eventually, we found that this was actually a glibc
bug at play. I've added the glibc component to the bug and started an
attempt to investigate what was actually going on. I felt I was on the
right track, but mwhudson beat me to it and came up with a fix that was
later approved & uploaded.
** golang-github-go-resty-resty: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/golang-github-go-resty-resty/+bug/1942491
** golang-github-google-martian: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/golang-github-google-martian/+bug/1942639
These two packages have been blocking golang-golang-x-net from migrating
for 103 days. I investigated and tracked down the problem: both
packages were being affected by proxy issues. After some though on how
to best deal with this, I decided to hack their d/rules, override
dh_auto_test and unset $http_proxy (anything else would involve patches
and more complex things). Aside from workarounding the problem, the
other positive outcome here was to set up a local container with squid
in order to reproduce these dreaded proxy failures (instead of resorting
to building packages on a PPA and then running autopkgtest there).
GPG key ID: E92F D0B3 6B14 F1F4 D8E0 EB2F 106D A1C8 C3CB BF14
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 832 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the ubuntu-devel