+1 maintenance report

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 4 22:50:57 UTC 2021

Hey there,

I've completed a +1 rotation over the past days, here are my notes

= Retries for flaky tests and builds or with specific triggers =

* rebuilt gnome-software with fixed fwupd depends
* retried schleuder with the correct triggers which unblocked rake
* retried mercurial, worked and migrated
* retried slime tests with newer emacs and proposed updated hints,
unblocked emacs
* retried rust-serial-test builds with rust-serial-test-derive/0.5.1-1,
worked and migrated
* retried rust-cbindgen with ^, built and migrated
* retried
https://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/packages/syncthing/hirsute/amd64 , didn't
work
* retried ruby-em-synchrony tests to get ruby-eventmachine migrating
* retried python-redis tests, still failing on armhf
* retried the wp2latex/s390x build, worked and migrated
* retried wget tests, worked and migrated

= Transitions =

* rebuild and fixed packages for the evolution-data-server
* rebuild and fixed packages for the poppler transitions
* rebuilds for the libzip soname transition

= Debugging and fixing =

* debugged freedombox tests failing and workarounded while being
discussed upstream
https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/freedombox/-/issues/2014

* investigated a bit the octave-symbolic/sympy test issue without success

* remove mmseqs2/s390x which isn't built anymore in the newest upload on
upstream request

* built libzip without -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions to workaround failing tests
commented upstream on https://github.com/nih-at/libzip/issues/20 with
the finding, they fixed it by making the test be skipped in this case
forwarded the debian/rules stripping of -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions to Debian

* fixed multipath-tools autopkgtests by allowing stderr

* reviewed the status of some ayatana indicator being blocked, they
transitioned to lomiri-url-dispatcher which got removed because it needs
to be updated to the new mir version, no obvious solution so we probably
need to remove the newer versions of the indicators for now

* hinted gemma/armhf which was blocking migration on an old result while
the source was removed previous cycle

* debugged a bit ruby-gnome tests failing with the new webkitgtk and
reported to Debian

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher