Proposal: sunset the backports pockets

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 19 15:54:08 UTC 2021

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 05:16:30PM +0200, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
> If I have upload rights for a package, I can also upload to the SRU queue.
> When doing so, I'm supposed to take pains that the upload and related bug
> report comply with the SRU policy, to facilitate the review by an SRU team
> member. Same ought to apply IMO when uploading to the backports queue. It's
> not about bypassing the review.

I think we're derailing ourselves on the minutae of the process here.
What matters is who is involved in getting packages all the way to being
released into the backports pockets. Right now, my understanding is that
the Ubuntu Backporters Team are the sole team ultimately responsible for
approving that, regardless of ACLs, and that's where contributors are
getting blocked.