+1 maintenance report

Heather Ellsworth heather.ellsworth at canonical.com
Tue Jul 6 15:07:38 UTC 2021

June 28 - July 2 (with 1.5 days afk to take care of a sick kiddo)

Last week I worked on a few packages:

* libpam-alreadyloggedin
Ubuntu pulls this package from sid and distributes it without
modification. Debian sid ships gcc 10.2.1 and this package will build on
ubuntu with this version. However, in gcc-10 version 10.3.0-4ubuntu1,
the __xstat function usage has changed causing this failure. I tried
further debugging of gcc-10 and got lost so moved on.

* libcamera
Discovered that Robert actually already did the hard work and filed the
LP bug. I just followed the trail and nudged it:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libcamera/+bug/1931958

* gauche-gtk
Debian has dropped this from bullseye because this package has gone
unmaintained for 2 years and this package FTBFS in Debian for the same
failure we see. I recommend dropping the package like Debian did:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/debian/+source/gauche-gtk/+bug/1934534

* firewalld
Started looking at the two nftables regression test failures, reproduced
it locally, looked at the tests but I am not sure what changes exactly
are needed for nftables. I'm happy to push the change through to debian
with some more senior guidance.

Cheers,
Heather