glibc 2.34 is coming to impish tomorrow

Michael Hudson-Doyle michael.hudson at canonical.com
Tue Aug 10 23:49:23 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

This is just a bit of advance notice that we'll be uploading the new
release of glibc, 2.34, to impish in about 24 hours and are hoping we can
get it migrated before feature freeze next week. So expect autopkgtest
queues to be a bit clogged for a while.

As Matthias mailed yesterday we have done a test rebuild with the new glibc
and while it causes a few build failures we're working through there is no
evidence of trouble running existing binaries so hopefully the new version
won't be too disruptive. But finding that out is what all
those autopkgtests are for :-)

Cheers,
mwh