Second Groovy Gorilla test rebuild

Erich Eickmeyer eeickmeyer at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 28 16:54:44 UTC 2020

Hi Matthias,

On 9/28/2020 9:07 AM, Matthias Klose wrote:
> The second test rebuild of Groovy Gorilla was started on September 25 2020 for
> all architectures, all components. The rebuild is finished for the
> main component. It is still running for the universe/multiverse components.
>
> Results (please also look at the superseded builds) can be found at
>
> https://people.canonical.com/~doko/ftbfs-report/test-rebuild-20200925-groovy-groovy.html
>
> Some build failures on ppc64el and s390x are caused by a buildd issue, and will
> be retried soonish. Please ignore these where you see a ftbfs just on those
> architectures, but successes on the other architectures.
>
> Additional build failures for packages in groovy-proposed (not yet in groovy)
> can be found at http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/ftbfs/
>
> Please help fixing the build failures.
>
> Matthias

I took a look at the ubuntustudio packageset there and noticed only 3
problematic packages out of the criteria you specified. Two of them
(jamin and petri-foo) are lost to bit rot due to gtk compatibility
issues. Jamin hasn't been worked on by the upstream since 2013 and
petri-foo since 2012. My guess is that these two applications are dead,
so I have no problem letting them go.

However, openclipart seems to be suffering from an update in
libreoffice, so I'm hoping someone who maintains libreoffice can give me
some pointers here as I might be able to fix the package. It seems to be
looking for /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/gengal and is not finding it,
so I'm not sure what is going on there.
<http://usr/lib/libreoffice/program/gengal:%20not%20found>

So, perhaps someone can clue me in on this? If gengal is no longer part
of libreoffice then, unfortunately, it looks like the openclipart
package might have to die as well.

Thanks,
Erich

--