[sru] OpenStack SRU's - add OVN to supporting projects list

James Page james.page at canonical.com
Fri Sep 25 10:01:01 UTC 2020

Hi SRU Team

I've made/proposed an update to:

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OpenStack/StableReleaseUpdates

For 20.04, OVN is the default/preferred SDN for OpenStack deployments on
Ubuntu; as such we'd like to include it in the SRU process we have for
stable point releases alongside OpenvSwitch.

We have appropriate deployment and testing tooling to cover OVN as part of
an OpenStack deployment in the same way that we do Neutron ML2/OVS for
earlier releases.

First usage of this will be:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ovn/+bug/1897248

Please could a member of the SRU team review and approve our proposed
update to the list of supporting packages.

Regards

James