ubiquity git repository

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 9 14:34:05 UTC 2020

On Fri, Oct 09, 2020 at 09:39:00AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 08, 2020 at 09:17:46AM -0700, Brian Murray wrote:
> > Only the Ubuntu Installer Team[1] can push to the branch at
> > https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-installer/ubiquity/+git/ubiquity/+ref/master.
> > Given that any core developer could upload ubiquity can we add Ubuntu
> > Core Developers to the Ubuntu Installer Team?
>
> This should only be done if ~ubuntu-installer's rather large set of bug
> subscriptions is pruned first, otherwise everyone in ~ubuntu-core-dev is
> going to get a *lot* of email.  (Conversely, people in ~ubuntu-installer
> who actually rely on those subscriptions would need to subscribe
> themselves first; this rather awkward situation is why I never sorted it
> out years ago ...)
>
> Note that it's also possible to grant ~ubuntu-core-dev push access to
> that repository without adding them to ~ubuntu-installer; anyone in
> ~ubuntu-installer can configure this on
> https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-installer/ubiquity/+git/ubiquity/+permissions.
>
> > Personally, I'd still submit pull requests as I'm not very familiar with
> > ubiquity but at least this way the reviewer could approve the change and
> > I could do the actual merge and upload.
>
> ~canonical-foundations already has (force-)push access to that
> repository, so you personally can do this already without changing
> anything.

Oh, that's neat but where is the fact that ~canonical-foundations can do
this discoverable? When I load the previously mentioned url I see the
following text:

"You cannot push directly to this branch. Members of Ubuntu Installer
Team (ubuntu-installer) can push to this branch."

Thanks!
--
Brian Murray