+1 maintenance report

Michael Hudson-Doyle michael.hudson at canonical.com
Tue Jun 23 21:54:22 UTC 2020

Hi,

I had to take a day of my shift off and the other day also ended up being a
bit disrupted so I didn't make as much progress as I would have hoped.

My basic plan was to work on the go packages by scrolling to the bottom of
excuses and searching upwards for "debian go packaging team".

I looked at the nomad build failures on armhf and arm64 and got a bit sad.

golang-gomega was reported as causing a regression in
golang-github-go-redis-redis on s390x. This seems a bit unlikely on the
face of it. golang-gomega itself does not have autopkgtests and builds an
arch: all package so I ran the build on s390x but it passed. I triggered a
test of golang-github-go-redis-redis on s390x in release to see what
happens.

golang-go.uber-atomic reported a regression in golang-go.uber-zap, upstream
acknowledges the test is flaky (https://github.com/uber-go/zap/issues/334)
so I was going to disable it but then noticed that Andreas fixed it better
and his fix had migrated to I retriggered the tests (and on a couple of
other packages it had "regressed" against, golang-github-apex-log and
golang-github-pkg-errors). golang-go.uber-atomic and golang-github-apex-log
migrated.

golang-github-yl2chen-cidranger reported regressions on all arches. It
looks like it needs a newer version of golang-github-stretchr-testify-dev.
It looks like a new version of that has migrated since the tests ran, so I
just retriggered the tests on all architectures. It migrated.

There were versions of both and golang-github-tdewolff-parse and
golang-github-tdewolff-minify in proposed and it looked like they needed to
be tested together, so I triggered that and they both migrated.

golang-yaml.v2 is failing autopkgtests on s390x that was chased down to a
compiler bug that is now fixed upstream, so I backported that and uploaded
it after doing some testing with a build in my PPA.

golang-github-smira-go-aws-auth is failing with a request to route53 timing
out. I suspect this will have regressed in release but will check. If so,
I'll make an upload to skip the test.

golang-github-pkg-errors triggers a regression in golang-github-src-d-gcfg
which is a fork of some other go package and oh god why

golang-github-miekg-dns fails on armhf. Andreas reported this upstream (
https://github.com/miekg/dns/issues/1129) which has a suggestion on it,
which I'll try when I've got my build environment set up on my arm64
canonistack node... The suggestion helps but there is another failure as
well.

https://github.com/gophercloud/gophercloud/issues/1634

continuity no longer builds the continuity binary package so I filed a bug
to get that removed.

golang-github-roaringbitmap-roaring was another package that needed the new
testify, so I retriggered its tests on all arches. If it migrates, it
should be retriggered against some other packages.

Cheers,
mwh