+1 maintenance status − July 09-10
olivier.tilloy at canonical.com
Mon Jul 13 17:27:37 UTC 2020
I was on +1 maintenance shift last Thursday and Friday. I focused solely on
node-* test failures that are blocking the migration of nodejs 12.18.1.
I got side-tracked quite a bit, so I didn't manage to do as much as I
intended, but I'm going to continue poking at it throughout the week.
This has become more urgent as the new britney deployed by Laney last week
is now blocking on build dependencies, meaning firefox updates are now
blocked because of nodejs.
So far I identified the following classes of problems with node-*
- package needs a no-change rebuild against the bumped soname for
libnode.so (e.g. node-iconv)
- tests depending on node-iconv need an additional trigger to pick up the
rebuilt version (e.g. node-body-parser)
- tests require patching because of API/behaviour changes in the new
Node.js (e.g. node-buffer-shims or node-diff)
- sha.js's SHA-1 implementation is failing on ppc64el, causing various
packages depending on it to fail on this architecture (
- a few flaky tests pass with a retry
Help appreciated (particularly on that sha.js issue)!
Have a good week,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ubuntu-devel