Bileto and RiscV64

Andreas Hasenack andreas at canonical.com
Wed Aug 26 21:00:58 UTC 2020

Hi,

The builders for riscv64 are very slow, and since bileto wails for all
builds to be ready, each ticket can take dozens of hours. Even if I
disable that arch in the ppa (via a #webops request), bileto later
enables it again.

Could we do one of the following:
- disable riscv64 by default on bileto, and make it so it can be
enabled (and remain enabled) in the ppa if the user so wants it
- start bileto tests as soon as an arch build is ready, instead of
waiting for them all to be ready as it is today
- something else I haven't thought of :)

I know we want to have packages working on riscv64, but since it's not
blocking migration in the real archive, it seems unfair that it blocks
bileto so much.