Communication Improvements/frustrations

Erich Eickmeyer eeickmeyer at ubuntu.com
Sun Aug 9 15:19:34 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

I would like to profusely apologize for my previous email. I was
calling-out some nonexistent bad faith which was wrong on my part.
Steve, if you're reading this, I am so, so sorry. I know you have a lot
on your plate and have done a lot for Ubuntu in general. I also may be
unaware of items going on in your personal life. For what it's worth,
I'm moving my family 300 miles eastward at the end of this month, right
around Feature Freeze.

That said, I guess my frustrations are because the packages I have
submitted for review are running out of time. With freezes
fast-approaching, my fear is that I'll need to fix some packaging errors
and won't have enough time to do so, and that I'll be back in the same
situation with corrected packages but missed deadlines. I'm also working
on a fork of ubuntu-mate-welcome (called ubuntustudio-welcome, no
surprise there) which I *hope* to have submitted prior to feature
freeze. Feature Freeze Exceptions are a painful process, and I've had
very little luck in the past submitting them.

So, I hope you all understand where I'm coming from. I'm sorry for the
way I expressed my frustrations in my previous email. My bad faith
accusations and personal attacks were completely unacceptable. So, I
hope you can all find it in your hearts to forgive me for my actions.

Sincerely,
Erich