RFC: Ubuntu HA resource-agents supportability

Seth Arnold seth.arnold at canonical.com
Tue Apr 7 23:24:40 UTC 2020

On Tue, Apr 07, 2020 at 03:54:11PM -0400, Dan Streetman wrote:
> > Xen                     - xen unprivileged domains
>
> as cpaelzer mentioned, Xen should probably move up to the 'best
> effort' section; this was just moved out of main in focal.

Xen's status before focal was awkward: the source package and libxen were
in main because libvirt depended upon them. However, the hypervisor and
related utilities were in universe and not supported.

I'm not sure where exactly this Xen resource agent should be placed on
the list -- but in practice, Xen wasn't in main, and that may influence
your thinking.

Thanks