[ubuntu/cosmic-proposed] brotli 1.0.4-1 (Accepted)

Jeremy Bicha jbicha at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 8 12:15:22 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 7:45 PM, Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Jeremy,
>
> you force-synced this package, dropping the armhf alignment patches, causing
> the build failure on armhf.  The package is now staying in the proposed
> pocket for more than a month without any action taken.

Both of the patches that were in the Ubuntu version are in the new
upstream version. This armhf build failure is a *new* issue.

I did file the upstream bug last time but I have not done so this time
yet. You're welcome to file the bug upstream if this issue is
important to you.

> I am not aware of any recent decision that we have to drop any Ubuntu delta.
> If there is, you may want to educate me, but maybe that's why you are
> running for the TB.  Mistakes happen, but I really would appreciate it if
> you could clean up things before proceeding with the next dozen syncs.

It is starting to feel to me like you are publicly attacking me on
multiple issues. Please remember that I am an unpaid volunteer. While
I try to do a lot for Ubuntu, I don't have enough time or expertise to
do everything!

I am not running for the TB because of our recent disputes. I believe
I have a deep and broad enough understanding of Ubuntu packaging and
processes that my joining the TB would help Ubuntu so I volunteered
for it. If there are enough other people interested in joining the TB,
maybe I won't need to serve there. :)

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha