Changes to Merge-o-matic: Merges from trees with patches unapplied

Julian Andres Klode juliank at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 18 17:03:06 UTC 2018

Hi,

Currently, MoM generates merges with patches applied, meaning that the
resulting merge is often useless because upstream files where changed by
patches, but the patches not pushed in quilt (and other stuff). I
usually worked around this by extracting the Debian version, and copying
debian/ over from the tree MoM generated.

An hour ago, cjwatson rolled out my change to make MoM create merges
using trees where patches are not applied. This should fix the problem,
but there might be other issues, so please watch out.

MoM also generates larger graphs since yesterday thanks to tsimonq2.

Let's hope we did not break stuff :)

ubuntu core developer                              i speak de, en