More diagnostics data from desktop

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 16:39:40 UTC 2018

Hi Will,

On 14 February 2018 at 15:22, Will Cooke <will.cooke at canonical.com> wrote:

> We want to be able to focus our engineering efforts on the things that
> matter most to our users, and in order to do that we need to get some more
> data about sort of setups our users have and which software they are
> running on it.
>
> We would like to add a checkbox to the installer, exact wording TBD, but
> along the lines of “Send diagnostics information to help improve Ubuntu”.
> This would be checked by default.

Fine by me.I refurbish old donated laptops and PCs and pass them on to
people with mental health problems, their family and carers - this is the
Computer Wombling Project. Enabling the above by default would be a good
idea as quite a few of the end users would struggle to cope with this sort
of thing.

BW,

Ian

-- Free Software page -