Transition of LXD from deb to snap

Matthias Klose doko at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 21 17:30:55 UTC 2018

On 21.08.2018 17:14, Stéphane Graber wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 05:07:47PM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:

>>> Sure but as I said just a paragraph above this, LXD 3.0.2, which we'll
>>> be uploading this week, has a "fix" for this.
>>
>> so if we have to wait for every autopkg test fix several weeks, that doesn't
>> work in the archive.  we have a feature freeze tomorrow, and other packages
>> depend on that.  From my point of view there is something very wrong if we have
>> to wait that long.  Multiply that time by other needed autopkg test fixes, and
>> we are at this point again accumulating packages in the -proposed pocket for no
>> reason ...
>
> Can you relax a bit maybe?

No.  You are trading in your test resources against resources spent by various
people doing the archive work.  From my point of view, this is a no-go.  I am
just wondering about such a laissez-faire style, at least you are still an
Ubuntu Release Manager, knowing how much autopkg test failures can get in the
way of archive work.

> LXD 3.0.2 was tagged last Thursday, we're
> finishing the release announcement so that it can go in the changelog
> and then we'll upload it.

please notice it's not just this upload, but the lxd testsuite seems to be a bit
picky to fail on the buildds.  If people need to work-around autopkg tests, it's
their time again.