Requiring Launchpad 2FA from Ubuntu uploaders

Simon Quigley tsimonq2 at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 14 18:35:00 UTC 2018

Hello,

On 08/14/2018 11:34 AM, Colin Watson wrote:
> How would this work, even conceptually?  Some kind of extra challenge
> when doing SFTP uploads or git/bzr pushes to ask for 2FA (and some
> timeout arrangement so that it isn't hopelessly annoying)?  What about
> FTP uploads?

In my opinion, SFTP should be the default for uploads to Ubuntu*, and we
should phase out FTP. My local /etc/dput.cf has been patched to do this
for a while now, and it works fine.

If this is done, we should be able to use PAM with google-authenticator.

Thoughts on going this route?

*If I recall correctly, Debian has already done this for uploads to
security-master.

--
Simon Quigley
tsimonq2 at ubuntu.com