Proper way to handle britney hints

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 6 22:00:47 UTC 2018

On Mon, Aug 06, 2018 at 09:39:27AM -0300, Andreas Hasenack wrote:

> I would like to know how to properly handle updates to the so called
> "britney hints", which controls how DEP8 test failures are handled in
> migrations. Particularly for the development release.

> I uploaded https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ocfs2-tools/1.8.5-5ubuntu1
> on Jul 31st, and it has a known failure[1][2] on s390x, for which I
> proposed this branch[2]. I also pinged in #ubuntu-release several
> times after that.

> It seems this communication got lost somehow. Except I already got two
> emails from some bot telling me my package hasn't migrated and I
> should do something about it, so that part is working.

> So here is me doing something about it :)

> 1. https://github.com/markfasheh/ocfs2-tools/issues/22
> 2. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ocfs2-tools/+bug/1745155
> 3. https://code.launchpad.net/~ahasenack/britney/ocfs2-tools-hints-1.8.5-5ubuntu1/+merge/351928

It seems your MP has the review requested from a team that is not the owner
of the target branch, do you know why that is? (~ubuntu-archive vs.
~ubuntu-release)

I don't guarantee that this would have resulted in a better response, but
it's something to look at.

As for IRC pings, I don't know why your particular pings were missed, but I
personally only highlight on my own IRC nick on that channel.  I understand
it's not the most efficient for requesters and can be frustrating, but don't
hesitate to highlight me by name if you need something looked at.

I've followed through now on that particular MP.

Thanks,
Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/