s390x/arm64 changes in autopkgtest

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 22 17:43:23 UTC 2017

Hi developers,

There have recently been some changes to autopkgtest.ubuntu.com that you
should be aware of if you upload packages to Ubuntu.

  1) s390x tests are now run in full cloud VMs. Previously they were run
     inside LXC containers, so they did not provide all autopkgtest
     capabilities and some tests were skipped. You might see some
     additional tests being run due to this.
  2) arm64 is now a tested architecture. We ran a baseline run across
     all supported releases, and after this was completed (yesterday) we
     enabled the architecture in proposed-migration. Currently there's a
     small backlog to get through, but this means that arm64 tests are
     on par with all other arches and will block migration if they
     regress.

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain at orangesquash.org.uk ]