The transition to add support for Python 3.6 is beginning

Michael Hudson-Doyle michael.hudson at canonical.com
Thu Jun 29 00:34:17 UTC 2017

On 29 June 2017 at 11:22, Barry Warsaw <barry at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Thanks for working on this Michael.

Thanks for looking into it!

> On Jun 29, 2017, at 10:43 AM, Michael Hudson-Doyle wrote:
>
> >The 100 or so failures are now summarised in
> >https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y8dy5cyu8DrmTvT4CNSaVSP2ZZT79
> sYhT_rAQ19bFUQ/edit?usp=sharing,
> >please do check if any packages you care about are on the list and fix any
> >that you can see how to. Uploading fixes direct to the archive is
> preferred,
> >but if you lack the rights to do that, attaching a bug to a debdiff and
> >subscribe me (mwhudson on lp) and I'll sponsor it v. quickly!
>
> What's the process for claiming a package?

Good question. Making a comment makes sense. I've just sent you an
invitation to edit, and am happy to do so for anyone else who is interested.

> I want to keep lazr.config in the
> archive, and I help maintain it both in Debian and upstream.  I'm
> motivated to
> keep it working as it will soon be a dep of mailman3-core which should be
> entering unstable soon-ish.

Fair enough, I've removed it's threat of removal :-)

> I'll probably look at nose and pyflakes as part of my normal DD workflow.

I've uploaded the new pyflakes to Ubuntu but if you upload it to unstable &
sync it that would make me happy :)

> I'm not interested in system-image any more, but if someone else adopts it,
> I'm happy to answer questions.
>
> I've added some comments to the spreadsheet.

Thanks!

Cheers
mwh