Status of Ubuntu Touch packages removal

Didier Roche didrocks at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 27 12:10:31 UTC 2017

Le 27/06/2017 à 13:46, Dmitry Shachnev a écrit :
> Hi all!
>
> Is it planned to remove Unity 8 and related packages (such as apps) from
> Artful, or the plan is to keep them in universe for some more time?
>
> We are currently working on updating Qt to 5.9 LTS, and two major things that
> concern us are:
>
> * ubuntu-ui-toolkit;
> * qtubuntu (the Qt MIR binding).
>
> Both of these packages are broken with Qt 5.9, and because they extensively
> use Qt private API, fixing them may be not easy.
>
> ubuntu-ui-toolkit is even in main because it is used by checkbox-converged.
>
> It would be really nice to get *at least* qtubuntu removed, if nobody is going
> to work on it. For ubuntu-ui-toolkit I guess the first step would be demoting
> it to universe by removing checkbox-converged from desktop (or porting it to
> some other toolkit like Qt Quick Controls 2).
>
> One more thing that concerns us is Oxide, but as I understand it is already
> getting removed as part of LP: #1688395.
>
> Any thoughts / comments / objections?
Hey,

We have a task I added to do an iso cleanswap, and looking at content
like this[1]. I agree that we should remove ubuntu-ui-toolkit. It seems
that checkbox-converged could be either removed from the desktop seed or
ported as you told.
This isn't my next task I have in mind, but should be doable in the next
couple of weeks (doing the whole desktop iso analysis).

Didier

[1] https://trello.com/c/4MzTEU2d/160-do-an-iso-cleanswap