Is there a log of Proposed-Migration overrides?

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Wed Jun 21 10:32:00 UTC 2017

Hi,
Sometimes part of that complexity maintaining a Distribution can be the
need of "forcing" proposed-migrations [1].

But I recently faced this from a different point of view.
I wondered about a package being in -updates and thought "was anything
forced when this migrated"?
As far as I asked around nobody knew any place this could be checked.

A log like this would allow three things:
- clarification if something was forced if ever in doubt
- tracking counts in that list would allow to identify issues that really
should be fixed to avoid forcing them "regularly"
- it could be an extra source of info for Archive Admins that need to solve
complex cases

Therefore - is there already any log or tracking of those overrides?
If not, would that be a reasonable addition and where/how should it be
implemented?

It some sense it seems to me like an extension to [2] which would add the
reasoning if forced.
In this particular case I know e.g. that 9.5.7-0ubuntu0.16.10 was forced.

[1]:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ProposedMigration#Are_there_any_exceptions.3F__I.27m_sure_acmefoo_has_just_made_it_into_the_release_pocket_despite_not_satisfying_all_of_the_requirements
.
[2]: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/postgresql-9.5/+publishinghistory