Your squid3 changes in 3.5.12-1ubuntu4

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 4 16:39:14 UTC 2017

Hi Steve,

I'm working on a merge of squid3. I've understood most of your changes
in 3.5.12-1ubuntu4, but am having trouble following a few small pieces
of it. Please could you advise so that I make sure I don't drop anything
and can send useful patches up to Debian that I can explain?

You can see your upload and how I've broken it down in
https://git.launchpad.net/~racb/ubuntu/+source/squid3/log/?id=6c013d1b5caffaed001efd71675b5cfca38188a9
- specifically b9c275e..6c013d1.

I've matched pieces of your complete patch with your individual
changelog entries, but I'm struggling to complete the matching.

Specifically:

 * I'm not sure if I've matched
   https://git.launchpad.net/~racb/ubuntu/+source/squid3/commit/?id=6fd2b083c6ae6c85c1d7a7a9f9b49ae8a5cfba76
   correctly. If this is wrong, can you tell me what adding that line
   achieves please, or which other changelog entry it belongs to?

 * Was
   https://git.launchpad.net/~racb/ubuntu/+source/squid3/commit/?id=691d4d29ee3578d9801f28f1f45c81e53fe38313
   part of your conffile handling changes? Are you dropping it because
   "dpkg-maintscript-helper mv_conffile" doesn't need the destination
   directory to exist on preinst? If so, is there a specific reason the
   superfluous mkdir would cause a problem that I can explain to Debian
   when sending it up?

Thanks,

Robie