To access IPP-over-USB printer: Emulate remote machine in the network

Seth Arnold seth.arnold at canonical.com
Thu Feb 23 03:47:34 UTC 2017

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 04:42:46PM -0300, Till Kamppeter wrote:
> So it looks like that we need to work with an extra interface (dummy0 with
> IPv6) and find a way to let Avahi broadcast the interface's own host name or

Would you mind changing the name to something that would more clearly
reflect the reason why this dummy interface exists?

e.g., cups0 or cupsbrowser or cupslocal.

Ideally it'd be unique enough that searching the web for the name would
return our documentation about it and nothing else. 'dummy0' would easily
fail that test.

Thanks