"testbed out of date"

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 7 16:16:31 UTC 2017

On Thu, Dec 07, 2017 at 01:59:45PM -0200, Andreas Hasenack wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting this error a lot in some test runs (like
> https://objectstorage.prodstack4-5.canonical.com/v1/AUTH_77e2ada1e7a84929a74ba3b87153c0ac/autopkgtest-artful/artful/s390x/f/firejail/20171207_130707_4ca6a@/log.gz
> ):
>
> autopkgtest [13:07:06]: ERROR: erroneous package: Test dependencies
> are unsatisfiable. A common reason is that your testbed is out of date
> with respect to the archive, and you need to use a current testbed or
> run apt-get update or use -U.
> blame: firejail
> badpkg: Test dependencies are unsatisfiable. A common reason is that
> your testbed is out of date with respect to the archive, and you need
> to use a current testbed or run apt-get update or use -U.

The log says

Broken autopkgtest-satdep:s390x Depends on thunderbird:s390x < none @unH >
  Removing autopkgtest-satdep:s390x because I can't find
  thunderbird:s390x

and

laney at nightingale> rmadison -a s390x -s artful,artful-proposed thunderbird
laney at nightingale>

indeed thunderbird isn't available there.

It's a test which started to run when we got isolation-machine on s390x.
All of the tests were skipped before. I think this could be
force-badtested, and I've added that for you.

> Can someone confirm if the testbed is prepared with -U so that apt-get
> update runs? I don't think I can control that from the package's
> d/t/control file.

-U is the same as --apt-upgrade. You can see the exact commandline that
was run near the top of the log file - so yes, it's there.

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain at orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ laney at debian.org ]